Love the feeling of playing American Roulette at the casino? Bring it home and play roulette online. Just make your pick, sit back, watch where the ball ends up, and have fun doing it. Simple.
American Roulette is an easy game that has a wheel, ball and table marked with separate boxes containing numbers in non-sequential order. Place bets on one or more numbers then click on Spin to start playing. The ball is released in the opposite direction of the spinning wheel, and if it stops on one of your numbers, you win. Playing online roulette doesn’t get easier than that.
Bovada offers both American Roulette and European Roulette. The main difference between the American and European Roulette are the numbers on the wheels and the types of bets you can place. American Roulette has both a single zero (0) and a double zero (00), while European Roulette has only a single zero (0).
How To Play American Roulette
American Roulette consists of a wheel of 38 stops and a ball that can land with equal chance on any of the 38 stops. The stops are numbered in a non-sequential order of 0, 00, and then 1-36. The stops 1-36 are colored either black or red while the 0 and 00 stops are colored green. You can make wagers on where the ball will land on the wheel by placing chips on the Roulette table. Winnings are paid on a multiplier of the bet.
- Choose the number of chips to bet by clicking on the chip denominations of $1, $5, $25 or $100.
- When you have the right amount in the amount to bet per click area, you can put individual bets equal to the bet amount by clicking different spots on the table.
- Once your bet is placed, the ball starts spinning.
- You win if the ball lands on a number or color that you bet on.
Betting Limits and Types
- Look to the table on the bottom left of the game screen to see the betting limits and what amount you have already bet.
- You can bet per spin a minimum of $1, up to a maximum of $500 for both Inside Bets and Outside Bets.
- Outside bets are the large groupings of numbers along the outside of the Roulette table. These bets include 1st 12, 2nd 12, 3rd 12, 1-18, 19-36, even, odd, all reds (red diamond), all blacks (black diamond), and the 12-number columns at the end of the table.
- Inside bets are bets placed directly on a number or between numbers.
Bets and Payouts
|Straight up||Place your chips on your chosen number. You may wager on any number including zero (0) and double (00).||35:1|
|Split Bet||Place your chips on the line separating any two given numbers. This allows you to bet both of the two numbers at the same time with one chip.||17:1|
|Street Bet||Place your bet on the outer right boundary line of the Roulette table. This allows you to bet on a row of three corresponding numbers.||11:1|
|Corner Bet||Place your chips on the cross where four numbers intersect. This allows you to bet on any of four corresponding numbers.||8:1|
|Five Bet||Place your chips on the outer right line of the Roulette table between 00 and 3. This allows you to bet on any of the following numbers:||6:1|
|Line Bet||Place your chips on the outer right boundary line of the Roulette table where it is intersected by the line dividing two rows. This allows you to cover two street bets.||5:1|
|Dozen Bet||Place your bet in one of the three boxes marked "1st 12”, "2nd 12”, or "3rd 12”.||2:1|
|Column Bet||Place your bet in one of the three boxes marked "2 to 1”. This allows you to bet on any of the twelve numbers in the column above it.||2:1|
|Color||Place your bet on either red or black. If the ball lands on your color, you win.||1:1|
|Odd/Even 1:1||Place your wager on either odd or even. If the ball lands on your choice, you win.||1:1|
- Spin - Used to start the ball spinning on the wheel.
- Repeat - Uses the same chip bet as the last spin.
- Clear All - Removes all previous bets on the table.
- Remove - Enables the ability to click on a chip on the table to remove it.